Tuesday, March 12, 2013

goodbye feasts

Saying goodbye to students and colleagues inevitably means goodbye feasting.  When Thais eat together they eat "family style" and with a large array of delicious Thai delicacies in front of you, your tongue is always in for a spicy treat.  

Jeannie, Allison and I joined some of our students at a popular hot pot restaurant on the last night of finals.  The whole restaurant was teeming with all our students in their matching uniforms, chowing down.  A hot pot restaurant is a cook it yourself buffet and I'm always shocked at the amount of food a fifteen year old Thai girl can eat!  

One of my favorite students.  I'll miss you Tunkpang!


I don't know how we ate it all... 


The next day our whole English department crammed into one of the best restaurants in town for another mouthwatering feast.





No comments:

Post a Comment